Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain

Monday 2 June 2014

in
I am a Sephora make-up snob.  However I have been hearing such great things about these lip stains that I had to give them a try.  Conveniently they were on sale when I was browsing the isles of Shoppers Drug Mart 2 for $15.  I opted for one in my comfort range, and one a bit outside of it.

The darker berry shade on the top is 005 Crush and the light pink shade is 001 Honey.  There are three finishes in this line: matte, glossy, and stain.  The colours I pick up are stains.


These have a peppermint scent that is noticeable when you smell it, but not overbearing when you wear it.  On my lips it feels fresh and clean.  Bonus: Kiss friendly scent.



Left: Crush
Right: Honey


Wearing Crush!

I applied Crush at about 2:00 pm.  After eating, drinking, talking, and everything else that comes with daily life it was still on and going strong at 9:00 pm.  After a bit it lost its glossy (but not sticky) feel and  left behind a berry stain.  At first I was concerned that this colour was too dark for me but it faded to be a pretty berry shade.  As for Honey, it is the perfect "my lips but better" shade!

Bonus: After it sets no stain gets left behind when you sip tea or kiss somebody special!   

For my first venture into the regular section of a drug store for lip products (with the exception of Baby Lips by Maybelline)  in a very long time I would say these are pretty great.  These will be perfect for an office appropriate or summer casual look.  Light, fresh, and oh so pretty.  I am very happy with this purchase!


No comments:

Post a Comment