Canadian Brand | Rocky Mountain Soap Company

Sunday 24 August 2014

in
I am a total sucker for luxe, niche, local soap companies.  Over the next few months I will be reviewing some of my favourite small soap businesses.  

I first stumbled across Rocky Mountain Soap Company two years ago while I was trailing in Banff, Alberta.  I instantly fell in love with the atmosphere of the store, the smell of the soaps, and the quality of their products.  I had such a hard time narrowing down my purchase!  When I was back in Banff last fall I had to pick up a few more pieces.  While I bought some other soaps at that time, this is all I have left!

Rocky Mountain Soap Company soaps can be purchased in the Rockies, select air port gift shops, and a few speciality shops I have seen in Toronto, and of course online.  They are made on site in Alberta (Canmore, I think!) and are filled with good for you ingredients.  I have never felt "dry" after using their soaps.  These retail in the $5-$8 range.  Affordable, but not cheap.  

I would place them in a similar price category to Lush, maybe a little cheaper, but with the benefit that you are supporting a Canadian company that makes a fantastic product.  And of course the benefit that the product is really good for you.


These soaps come all wrapped up in a waxed paper that indicates the type of soap and what they are good for.


Seaweed & Spearmint | Normal Skin Face/Body

This soap smells really fresh-- you can really smell the spearmint.  I love this soap for my face, especially on days that my skin feels extra oily.  Its also a nice relaxing treat to use on my body.  I adore the way it steams up the shower.  When I had a cold the other wayI found it helped clear out my nose which was a nice bonus.


Honey, Oats & Cocoa Butter | Dry Skin - Face

I know this is a face soap but it is such a moisturizing treat to use on my whole body for a nice evening bath.  I can't get over how sweet and luxurious this soap smells and feels.  There are little flecks of oats which are nice for exfoliation.  The honey and cocoa lather up nicely to a soft creamy bubbly delight.


Avocado Facial Bar | Normal/Combination

This bar is a dedicated face bar.  I like that it clears up oil with out being overly drying.  It also has a pleasant gentle scent.  I like keeping this bar on hand for travel because sometimes transporting a konjac sponge isn't easy.


Pumpkin | Extremely Dry Skin

I'm actually not a pumpkin person....no pumpkin pie...no pumpkin spice whatever they ares... none of that for me.  However, if you like pumpkins you will probably like this super moisturizing soap.  I gifted it to a friend and am trusting her word on it.

Conclusions

Of this bunch, my favourite is the Honey, Oats & Cocoa soap because of how utterly wonderful it smells and how luxurious it feels.  Rocky Mountain Soap Company has all sorts of scents, and many other non-soap products such as body butters and bath salts.  You can check them out online here.  If you are ever in the Rockies (especially in Banff) I encourage you to pop by their store and enjoy the whole experience.  I know I will be back next time I am in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment