Ipsy | September 2014

Monday 22 September 2014

in
So I've given it a lot of thought, and I use to research the value of each item I received in my ipsy bag.  But if I'm unhappy with a bag it doesn't matter if its worth $40.  This month has been so crazy for me and I didn't have time to do the research.  So I'm just going to tell you what I like and dislike and overall how happy I am with this bag.


I received the Caviar CC Cream, the Hikari lipstick, Pacifica eyeliner, brush, and the Nourish Organics face cleanser.  


This month's bag was a huge step up from last month's plastic mess.  But still...not my style.  I'll probably add it to the pile or pass it off to a friend.  


I am so in love with the Hikari lipstick.  At first I was skeptical of the colour, but I simple adore it for fall.  I paired it with a simple eye and a warm scarf and I just felt good.  When a lipstick makes you feel good, you know you found something special.  The colour is called "Cabaret" and I would describe it as a plum-berry or logan-berry.

As for the Caviar CC Cream, it is one of my favourite hair products.  I picked up two of them when they were 100 point gifts at Sephora and was just running low when this graced my mail box.  With this product a little goes a long way.  I apply a small amount through my hair after I shower and style it into a low, loose pony tail.  When I wake up my hair is wavy like usual, but less frizzy and softer.  When I run out of this sample I will be purchasing it in full size.  Also-- this sample size is pretty generous.

The brown Pacifica Eyeliner is...fine?  I'm pretty unenthused about it, but I will either put it in my travel bag or gift it to my mom.

Now, that Eyeshadow Brush... super soft and fluffy.  I love it.  And I love that my mom got one in her bag and gave it to me.  So I have two. Tehehehe.  The smaller end is okay.  But the big fluffy end is fantastic for a quick simple look.

Annnd Nourish Organics Face Cleanser is...bleh. I mean its fine, but I already have my skin care down to an art and I don't want to mess with it.  And I didn't like the hand cream I got from them from tipsy a few months back.

So overall I al actually really happy with this bag,  I love the CC Cream, the brush, and the lipstick.  Good job ipsy! The bag its self if ugly, but oh well.



Side Note: MY mom got this Cailyn lipgloss in her bag and it was literally 1/3 empty and not sealed.  I heard other girls had this issue too.  Not cool ipsy.


No comments:

Post a Comment