A Merry Julep Christmas: Sugar Plum and Stroke of Midnight

Friday 5 December 2014

in
This Christmas Julep used my love of new colours and pretty packaging against me!  I hate it when they do that.  So, I opened up my wallet and waited a long while and then these little pretties arrived at my door curtsy of the nice people at Canada Post.  Poor guys-- with the amount of things I have ordered over the last two weeks they will be visiting my home a lot... 

Sorry for the lack of posts lately.  With a full time job, and being a full time student, I haven't had much time for the fun things in life lately.  Now, don't you worry.  I've made lots of purchases, I just haven't had the time to sit down and photograph them.  I know I have said this before, but I am going to try to produce one post, every day from now until Christmas.  Some posts will be long, some will be short, and some will be mostly photos.

Recently I purchased some soap making supplies, so I am even going to give that a try over my Christmas break, which officially starts on Wednesday!  I'm thinking of sharing tips on how to wrap beautiful gifts, in addition of course to the (far too many) gifts I have bought my self.  But actually this Christmas will be great.  My mom asked me to do baaaaaasically all of her shopping so not only did I get to walk around the mall with more bags than I ever have in my life, but I also got to pick up gifts for me, from her/Santa as I went.  Hello Caudalie, Ole Henriksen and Smashbox Christmas gift sets.  

But on to the task at hand!  Julep has put together a ton of beautiful Christmas sets.  Typically they include a mix of new and old colours.  Which means that to get the new colour you want you have to help them get rid of extra stock.  Sugar Plum and Stroke of Midnight were both priced at $28 originally.  No thank you!  

This post will focus on Sugar Plum, because it is all together special and unique, where as Stroke of Midnight is basically a navy polish and a silver glitter topper.  Pretty, but far from unique.  But a pretty gift and I am such a sucker for navy.

I used the code 10off when these went on sale for $20, and ordered one form my account and one from my mom's meaning I got each set for $10.


Look at how pretty the Sugar Plum box issssss <3





Sugar Plum includes Padama which is a deep purple with a subtly shimmer and Ruth which is the prettiest thing in the world.  On its own it is a fuchsia purple jelly with flakes of gold.  It takes a lot of coats on her own to get any coverage, but as a topper? Golden!  Get it?  Golden.


Here I put two coats of Ruth over Padama.  I love the flakey subtle gold flakes.  It looked very mature and grown up.  I rocked this with a forest green dress at a verrrry swanky Christmas party, that I hosted.  I got compliments for days with this combo.  I've actually gotten to the point now that my friends regularly ask to see my nails and how I did them.  Its all about the grown up glitter. 

I loved this set that I ordered myself a back up.  Padama is nothing special to me, but Ruth! Ruth is a stunner.  I also love how they offset such a humble sounding name with such a knock out polish!

In the mail on the way to me I have the Gem Collection (which I score for $25!), their brush set (for travel!), a back up of Shari and Nell, and a massive massive massive order for my latest Maven Box.

What have you been up to lately?

Again, I am sorry my posts haven't been as frequent.  Now that I have some more time on my hands I should be able to get back into the swing of it.

Oh!  And I forgot the other awesome reason that I haven't been posting.  I signed up with a personal trainer earlier this fall and have been working out a lot.  All of those squats and lifting leaves me exhausted by the time I get home s when it come shown to sleep or blogging, sleep evidentially won.  

<3 <3 <3



No comments:

Post a Comment