January 2015 | IPSY Fresh Start

Monday 19 January 2015

in
My relationship with IPSY is a bit of a roller coaster.  Some months I love it, some months I hate it and want to cancel, and some months...meh.  Coming in at about $18 a month, IPSY is moderately priced. I've decided at least for now to switch with my subscription because I have a job, and hey, why not.  

I wasn't excited to get this bag in the slightest, but then it arrived in the hot pink wrapper and slowly but surely I fell in love.  This month wasn't full of snazzy one off items, but rather some under loved, simply not as sexy staples that I have been slowly falling for.  This month's theme is "Fresh Start" to coincide with the start of the new year!


LA Fresh Eco Beauty Moisturizer
Probelle Into the Blue Nail Lacquer 
bellápierre Shimmer Powder
Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush
Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eyeshadow





LA Fresh Eco Beauty Moisturizer

This moisturizer comes in a slim packet with a re-usable nozzle.  The formula is nice and creamy.  Little to no scent.  Pretty much everything I want in a moisturizer.  I love the one I have, but this would be great to pack for my long weekend get away to Washington DC at the end of next month!

Probelle Into the Blue Nail Lacquer 
Full Sized

I'm feeling pretty "meh" about this powdery blue polish.  More of a spring colour to me, so I will hold off on passing judgement until then.  I swatched it and was happy with it-- not streaky and easy to use!

bellápierre Shimmer Powder
Full Sized

Again, pretty "meh".  I have a few of these that I hardly use.  Glitter is pretty, but not too practical for day-to-day.  I gave this a shot and was not pleased with the fall out.
  
Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush
Full Sized

Love love love this product!  I love getting brushes in IPSY bags and this was no exception.  Hot pink and white, this brush is super soft and very dense making it perfect to pat on highly pigmented shadows.  Having good brushes is essential, and when they are pretty? All the better.

Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eyeshadow
Full Sized


I was really not excited about this product, until it arrived.  This beautiful champagne-oyster shimmer reminder me of a more muted version of Stila's coveted Kitten shadow.  I've used it nearly daily, and love wearing it all over my lid with a pop of Nars Bali in the crease.  Great for every day wear, this shadow has already become a staple in my rotation!


Front of bag


Back of bag


Birds eye view of bag

This is one of my favourite bags in a long time.  I love how simple it is, and how the orange zipper really pops with the blue and white.  This bag is stylish, and actually looks cute when I pull it out of my purse.  In fact, a friend even asked me where I got it!  I can't wait to use this in the summer. 


Basics.


 That brush <3 <3 <3 <3


The winner of the month!


Seriously.  How pretty is that packaging?

What did you get in your bag this month?  Did you grow to love yours like I did?





2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that brush looks absolutely amazing! Also, the Pacifica eyeshadow looks gorgeous! Super wearable. I cancelled ipsy a few months ago and haven't missed it, to be honest... I miss getting surprises in the mail, but I ended up being disappointed more often than not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually really thrilled with this month. But I agree, often the bags aren't as good. I think half the reason I keep the sub is for the blog posts! haha

      Delete