Guest Post | Rosy Lips with Zoe

Wednesday 18 February 2015

in
5 Roses for the Lips 5

I'm Zoë from Writing Writing and I'm really excited to be visiting Classy On The Run today! When it comes to beauty and skincare, I have a few obsessions, and one of those is definitely anything rose. I love the scent, and I also love the colour. Another thing I love? Lip products. So I've combined the two loves to share 5 Rosy Lips, or five different lip products with the word "rose" in the name.



5 Roses for the Lips

My 5 Rosy Lips range in pigmentation, formula, price-range, and scent. From left to right, there's the Smith's Rosebud Salve, Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint in Coming Up Rosy*, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rosé, CoverGirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Rose Twist and L’Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Rose On and On.

5 Roses for the Lips 3

The only one of my 5 Rosy Lips that actually smells like roses is the Smith's Rosebud Salve, a thick, shiny gloss and that can be used on any chapped or dry skin, although I stick to using it on my lips. The tin packaging is charming but not very hygienic, so I stick to using it at home. Although it's transparent, I love the way Smith's Rosebud Salve both looks and feels on my lips, especially in the wintertime.

I love my lip crayons, so it's not surprising that there are two in this post. The first one is the Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint in Coming Up Rosy which is one of four Baby Tint shades from the brand. The Baby Tints are comfortable and balmy on the lips and offer light pigmentation--Coming Up Rosy is actually the most noticeable and my favourite of the four.

5 Roses for the Lips 2

For the month of February I've been trying to wear a different lip colour every day and it happens that three of those fit perfectly for my 5 Rosy Lips roundup. The first one is the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rosé, which actually has a citrus scent to it. These balms are some of my favourite lip products ever, as they not only smell amazing, but they feel incredible on the lips. Rosé is a subtle pink shade, but if you're looking for something more pigmented, there's also darker shades like Cherry and Coral.

The second lip crayon in my 5 Rosy Lips selection is the CoverGirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Rose Twist, which is a pretty pinky shade but there isn't anything terribly unique about it. It's neither as glossy or as balmy as I would expect given the name, but it is a pretty, wearable, every day shade.

Finally, there's the L’Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Rose On and On. These stains are meant to be a YSL dupe, and although I don't know how true that is, I recently fell in love with the two shades I have. This is a gorgeous glossy pink that is buildable on the lips and has great lasting power. Now that I've rediscovered it, I will definitely be reaching for this more in the future.

5 Roses for the Lips 4

I can only wear one (ish) lip colour at a time, but that doesn't stop me from owning way too many. I'm especially a fan of rose shades and scents, so I shouldn't be surprised to find 5 Rosy Lips in my collection. From the drugstore to Sephora, I'm sure there is a rosy lip out there for everyone. Do you have one (yet)?

Comment from Classy On The Run: I have, and love the Sugar Rosé Lip Treatment, and the Covergirl Rose Twist crayon which I just bought this weekend at Target.  Great minds think alike! 


3 comments:

  1. thanks so much for having me on your blog Alanna! I love love love those Fresh balms! I'll be curious to see what you think of the covergirl one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Fresh Rose too! I have yet to try most of the other products, but they're all lovely shades though! Great post, Zoe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks andy! :) i love all the fresh balms!

      Delete