The Body Shop Smoky Poppy Collection

Wednesday 11 February 2015

in

When I first heard about this collection launching, I was pretty excited.  I love poppies.  I love The Body Shop.  I love new, Limited Edition things...really...I had to have something from this collection. As I have mentioned before, I love The Body Shop's recent launches (Honeymania and Moroccan Oil), and this was no exception!




I purchased a massage oil and a set of bath bombs from the collection.  The massage oil, of course, because Valentines Day is coming up.  The bath bombs, because I love having a hot bath after leg day at the gym.

Let's talk about scent.  I love how sexy, spicy, and almost masculine this scent is.  I find that most of The Body Shop's scents smell like popsicles-- one dimensional, fruity, and nothing too special.  What I love the most about this scent is that it is deep and complex.  I hope that The Body Shop keeps up with this sort of scent. 


The bath bombs are white, with poppy seeds through out.  They are more buttery than expected, and smell utterly delightful.  I loved how relaxing the scent was when I used one in the bath.  I hope they make more bath bombs in the future!

I also liked that they came cut in half, meaning I get 6 uses out of one pack.  This product retails for $15, so $2.50 a bath.  Not too bad!



Poppy Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick in Poppy Nude
Poppy Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick in Poppy Red
Poppy Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick in Poppy Universal


I love these new lip & cheek sticks-- however I much prefer them on the lips.  They have a nice satin-matte finish that looks beautiful with out being too "done".  I love how the red looks "just bitten".  Simply beautiful!  The universal stick is interesting because it is black, but adjusts to the pH in your skin.  For me, it is a stunning purple.  Finally, the nude is nice, neutral, neither warm or cool.  It was the first colour I was attracted to!  Nude lip products will always have my heart.


Swatches left to right:

Poppy Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick in Poppy Nude
Poppy Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick in Poppy Red
Poppy Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick in Poppy Universal


Swatches left to right:

Poppy Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick in Poppy Nude
Poppy Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick in Poppy Red
Poppy Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick in Poppy Universal


Wearing Poppy Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick in Poppy Red

To me, the red is the real winner!


Wearing Poppy Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick in Poppy Red


Wearing Poppy Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick in Poppy Nude

Final verdict, while I hate even the idea of using these products as a cheek product, I love them on my lips.  The matte-satin finish is great, soft and natural with a flush of colour.  These last much longer than expected, and are so fun to apply.  I hope that The Body Shop adds these to the permeant collection! 

What do you think of The Body Shop's latest launch?

2 comments:

  1. The lip & cheek sticks look so great on you, all shades considered :)

    ReplyDelete