Shopping in the States

Saturday 28 March 2015

in

One of the things I love to do when I travel is shop.  When I go abroad I love finding out about new brands and products, but when I go to the States I love to find things for cheaper than they are here in Canada.  Last month I had the chance to spend a few days in Washington DC with some of my girlfriends.  Of course, we went to all the usual tourist stops.  I really enjoyed the U.S. Botanical Museum and their orchid room.  I also loved walking around Georgetown.  Reminded me of a more old-fashioned Yorkville (Hi Kate Spade!).



I grabbed two new statement necklaces.  The necklace on the left is from the J Crew Outlet in National Harbour.  It was originally $99, marked down to $44, with 40% off and then a further 10% off at the cash.  #thanksJcrew #loveyou.  I've probably worn it about 10 times in the last two weeks.

The necklace on the right is from a sweet little store and didn't cost more than $10.


After I got off the airplane my lips were so dry, so once we got to the hotel I popped over to the drug store and purchased  Nivea's Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia Nut for $2.99.  I have enjoyed using it as an overnight lip mask, and for days that I am going for a more natural look.  It smells so so so so yummy!

At the outlet mall I saw this Fossil watch, originally $225, marked down to $120 and then on sale for 50% off.  When I came home and showed my mom the watch (and my new shoes) she freaked out with hoe much she thought I spent.  #mastersaver

Finally, this sweet little "Popping Champagne" phone case was only $4.99

Where are your favourite outlets to shop at?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment