My Top 10 Pastel Picks for Spring

Wednesday 22 April 2015

in

I love the theme of this month's Canadian Beauty Bloggers (CBB) guest rotation so much that I couldn't decide between two posts. You can read about my Top 10 Pastel Polish Picks for Spring on Miranda's blog.  Here, I will be talking about my Top 10 Pastel Picks for Spring, including everything from make-up to skincare, nail polish to hand cream!  What can I say?  Its tough when pastels are among your favourite hues.  You can't exactly make a post about twenty things and say they are all your favourites! 


Lancôme Mini Purple Eyeshadow Palette Gift with purchase at The Bay.

I got this as a part of a gift with purchase from The Bay last spring, and was excited to see that either a very, very similar palette, or the same palette, is in the current gift with purchase set.  Lancôme always puts together great gift with purchases.  In this palette I love the vibrant purple (which reminds me of Julep's coveted Kayla nail polish) and the purple-rose gold.  I think either one of them makes for a great pop of colour for a pretty spring eye look.


Shelly actually won one of Julep's recent contests for best polish.  It applies like a dream, opaque after one coat and perfect after two.  I love the turquoise-meets-mint shade and have enjoyed wearing it around this month.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in "Celebrated" Limited Edition $31.

"Celebrated" is a warm nude-pink that gives the perfect flush of colour.  Limited Edition, "Celebrated" celebrates Tarte's 15th anniversary year.  Better suited for fair skin tones, "Celebrated" is an elegant, understated blush that is perfect for days when I really want to achieve the "no make-up make-up" look.  

Benefit Posiebalm Tinted Lip Balm $22 at Sephora.

I will admit that I did not (at first) see me loving this tinted lip balm as much as I do.  Posiebalm is described as a "poppy pink", and is the companion lip balm to Benefit's Poisetint lip and cheek tint.  Posiebalm (and the rest of Benefit's lip balms) feel like butter on my lips, and have considerable lasting time for a lip balm. I love the sheer coral-pink shade and the way it brings together a casual look, or looks intentionally understated for something more formal.  This is the perfect balm to apply in a hurry on your way to brunch with your girlfriends!

Guerlain Météorites Powder for the Face $71 at Sephora.

I coveted this for so long. As you may have noticed, I picked this up at Shoppers and recently reviewed it.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but it helps my foundation last and gives my skin an extra glow.  I love the soft floral-powder smell, the packaging,and of course the results.  If you are ever looking for an excuse to splurge, this would be it!


Benefit Bathina Body Balm $36 at Sephora.

This has a beautiful powdery rose scent.  I love wearing this buffed into my legs during skirt season.  Not only does it make my legs silky soft, but it also gives them a subtle gleam.  I also love how sensual it feels to apply using the little velvet puff.  Perfect for afternoon dates!  Your date might not notice it, but you will know it is there!

Tocca Cleopatra Hand Cream Mini $10 at Sephora.

I received this in a previous Birchbox and decided upon smelling it that I would set it aside for the spring.  The unique grapefruit and cucumber scent is crisp and clean.  Spring with out being floral!

Daisy by Marc Jacobs Roller Ball $30 at Sephora.

Daisy is my go-to perfume pick for warm days when I don't want to be weighed down by a heavy fragrance, and for days that I want a hint of fragrance with out it being too sexy.  This perfume is a perfect hint of scent with out being too over powering.  This would also make a great gift for a teenage girl looking to get started in perfume!

Candy by Prada at varying price points.

Candy has been a hidden gem in my collection of minis.  I only decided to give this product serious consideration a few weeks ago, and I have fallen in love with the sweet but slightly grown up feel of this perfume.  Plus-- what girl doesn't want to be able to say she is wearing Prada?

Caudalie Beauty Elixir at varying price points.

I enjoy spritzing this on my face either first thing in the morning, or after I have taken my make-up off t night.  It has a refreshing minty scent that just really wakes my skin up.  Part toner, part mist, this product is packed with essential oils and good-for-you ingredients that make the moment that some of this comes in contact with your eyes worth it (but still, you know, be careful).

What are your top pastel picks for spring? xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment