The Best of 2015

Tuesday 5 January 2016

in

Do you ever find that as you get older that time moves faster?  That's how I feel about this year. Seriously.  Where did the time go?  It felt like just yesterday that I was stressing over essays and counting down the days until graduation.  Well, I graduated.  I'm here.  I'm an adult.  2015 was quite a year.  It had its ups and downs, but over all much to celebrate.  Sometimes I don't think that we give ourselves enough credit.  In some ways I feel like I was just treading water this year, waiting for life to begin.  But in reality, I achieved much professional success, I graduated from U of T, I spent the summer as an Intern, and translated that into a full time job once my contract was up.  I work in my field, in a job that I love, and I know that I have much to look forward to.

My Favourite Memories

In Winter 2015 I had the chance to travel to Washington D.C. with one of my best friends for a conference in our field, and some great outlet mall shopping.  We had much to celebrate!

In Spring 2015 I graduated from the University of Toronto with an Honours Bachelor of Arts.  It feels pretty great to be done school and working in a field I love! I turned 22, and celebrated two years with the most wonderful boyfriend.

In Summer 2015 I got to live with my long distance boyfriend again for four months.  This time we lived in downtown Toronto at College and Grace.  We hosted friends from out of town (as far as Nova Scotia!).  We went out for sushi more times than I can count.  We fell in love with the yummiest ice cream cafe, argued over groceries, found a dead mouse in the kitchen, forgot to water the plants, and enjoyed reading books on our patio.

In Fall 2015 he went back to law school and I started my first "big girl" job as not an Intern.  So far it has been a lot of fun, hard work, but lots of growth.

Over Christmas my boyfriend joined my family on our vacation to Cuba, and when we got home we marvelled at the fact that our third anniversary is coming up so fast!

My Favourite Products

When I look back on this year, and what I wore on my face, I notice that I have found a few holy grail products:  I've worn Becca Champagne Pop almost every day since I got it.  I was really sad t see that it got smashed when I went to Cuba last week, and have gently pressed it back down.  Benefit Roller Lash has been my go-to mascara of the year and I can't imagine not having it on hand.  
Bright coral lipstick and nail polish has been my colour of the year, looking back on what I bought again and again.  From Chanel's Arthur to Stila's Venetia, I have been all about this bright and bold colour.

MAC Paint Pot in "Painterly" has been my go to to neutralize and brighten up my eyelids when I am in a pinch.  This neutral is on my forever repurchase list!  I have actually significantly hit pan on mine and grabbed another one at the duty free shop.

These three Sephora brushes have been my steady go-to's since I got them.  Seriously.  The best.  

My greatest foundation find?  Too Faced's Born This Way.  So much love.  

My Top 5 Blog Posts


So it seems that you guys love Champagne Pop (and I mean who doesn't?).  It was been my most viewed post almost every week since I posted it!

You also seem to love giveaways-- me too!  I am excited to have a current give away of Essie's Starry Starry Night open right now.  All you have to do is comment on the original post.  Find out more here.

I hope 2016 is the best year yet for you, your friends, and your family.  Happy New Year xoxo

What was your Best of 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment