Charlotte Tilbury | Magic Foundation & Brush*

Wednesday 16 March 2016

in
charlotte tilbury magic foundation

Is it foundation or is it magic?  Charlotte Tilbury just launched their five years in the making (could you imagine making a foundation for five years?!) foundation.  This foundation is anti-aging, build-able, and brightening.


charlotte tilbury magic foundation

Made with concentrated mushroom extract, and complete with "genius hyaluronic filling spheres" this vitamin C enriched foundation leaves the skin hydrated and glowing.

charlotte tilbury magic foundation

The Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation comes in a frosted 1oz glass bottle with a rose gold cap and a pink pump.  It is really easy to screw off the lid which means that once I get to the end of this foundation it will be easy to scrape out every last drop.  In Canada the bottle is covered up by a white sticker that makes it bilingual (aka. compliant with our packaging requirements).  For your reference I have included a picture of the bottle with the sticker, but I thought it looked prettier without it.  ( I just peeled it and it looks much better.)

charlotte tilbury magic foundation

"No matter the state of your skin, you will have the best skin of your life, as you've never seen it before." Charlotte Tilbury


charlotte tilbury magic foundation

This is actually the first Charlotte Tilbury product I have tried (Holts on Bloor is *always* so busy!), thought I have been eyeing them for a while.  I was very impressed both by her Magic Foundation* and by the other products that the artist applied to me.  I found this foundation to be very long wearing, and to look and feel like a second skin.  It really made me glow!  The artist noted that this foundation does dry a bit warm, but I did not find that this negatively impacted my overall look.  I thought she did a great job at colour matching me (I'm a 2 if you are curious!).

charlotte tilbury magic foundation

The day after the event I tried the foundation on my own and found that it was a great step in a 5 minute no-make-up-make-up look because it left my skin so awake and glowey!

The lead make-up artist at their launch event said that they had foundation for everybody from "Lily Cole to Lupita" and all points in between, with 15 shades to choose from.

charlotte tilbury magic foundation

At the launch the artist used the Magic Cream and then applied my foundation with the Magic Complexion Brush*.  The flat brush makes it easy to buff the foundation onto the skin for a perfect air brushed look.  The brush is natural hair, stiff but soft.  The handle is in their classic burgundy and rose gold art deco theme.  Some people may like to know that the foundation is cruelty free, and that the brush, while it does use natural hairs, is also free of cruelty as the animals were not harmed when the hair was collected (passing on what the lead artist said).

charlotte tilbury magic foundation shade 2

Swatch of shade 2, the colour I was matched to.

The artist also used their First Love blush, champagne eyeshadow crayon and their bronzer/highlighter duo on me.

The Magic Foundation* retails for $49 CAD and the Magic Complexion Brush* retails for $68 CAD. Both can be purchased at Holt Renfrew, Nordstorm and at www.charlottetilbury.com

I am really impressed with this brand and hope I get another opportunity to review them!

PS I am hosting a pretty sweet blog giveaway.  You can enter it here. Good luck! 

*Products were provided for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment