Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation* | Perfect For Special Occasions

Wednesday 30 March 2016

in
Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation review

Estée Lauder's Double Wear Foundation* claims to offer a "15-hour, flawless foundation that stays looking fresh and natural through heat, humidity and non-stop activity.  I've been testing it over the last few weeks and am excited to share my thoughts, and photos (because ohmygosh this makes me look flawless) with you!

This foundation is housed in a frosted glass bottle.  Rather than the standard pump or dropper you simply pour it out when you want to use it.  Measuring exactly how much you need is a bit tricky, and can get a little messy.  On the bright side, when I get to the very end of this product it will be easy to scrape out every single drop.

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation review

This foundation is quite thick.  It is available in an impressive range of shades and undertones.  I received my perfect match: Ivory Nude 1N1.  I thought about sharing a photo of the product before I used it, but I think this gives you an idea of what it will actually look like after use.

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation review

When it comes to application I like to use a damp Beauty Blender with this foundation.  I find it too thick to use any sort of brush as it will leave streak marks.  Using the Beauty Blender I slowly and gently built up my coverage, going over my face twice with the sponge.  I went over my under eyes a third time.  This line has also recently launched a concealer.  However, given how high the coverage of this foundation is I don't think it is necessary.  I was able to cover up my under eyes with out it.

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation review

Also wearing blush, contour, and Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Limited Edition Summer Glow Illuminator (plus eyeshadow and mascara and all that stuff).  

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation review

I am not wearing concealer and as you can see my under eye is all covered up!

I find when first applied that this foundation wears a little bit stiff on the skin.  However after it has had some time to settle in it looks much more natural.  I actually think this foundation wears better through out the day than when it is first applied.  It really lives up to its promise of 15 hour wear!

I think this would be the perfect foundation to wear to your wedding, or as a member of a bridal party.  It will last through the ceremony, the photos, and the party!  For younger ladies planning out their prom outfit, this would also be a great choice.  I put this on in the morning, commuted downtown, spent a day power shopping, came home, went out for dinner and came home again, and my foundation was still flawless.  I plan on wearing it to an upcoming special event!

My only complaint about this foundation (other than the lack of a pump) is that it caused me to breakout a little bit.  Not a lot, but I have great skin and normally don't break out at all.  This gave me some tiny little zits and clogged pores.  For that reason I would not categorize this as an "every day" foundation.  I should note that I wore the foundation four times before writing this review, and only experienced this twice.  When wearing this foundation it is very important to properly take off your make-up at night.  I would go one further from just a cleansing water and suggest a detoxifying or purifying mask to draw out any foundation that makes it deep in your pores.

I didn't know the term "foundation wardrobe" until I got really into beauty blogging.  I think the right way to describe this foundation is that it has a place in my foundation wardrobe.  Not an every day place.  But a place.  A place that it gets puled out for special occasions where I know lots of photos are going to be taken, and a place where I know I will need to look great for hours on end.  I love how this makes my skin look, but I don't think I could put up with the little tiny zits on a weekly basis.  This is a perfect "special occasion" foundation.  

Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation retails for $45 and can be purchased at Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart, Murale, The Bay and at other beauty counters. 

*This product was provided for my review.  As always all opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment