Getting my Summer Glow On | St. Tropez, Coppertone, Too Faced*

Monday 27 June 2016

in

st. tropez in shower tan medium coppertone clearly sheer too faced coconut body oil review

If you are a regular reader of my blog you will have seen photos of me, and will understand what I mean when I say I am really, really pale.  If you are new to my blog, here is a photo of me so you will understand.

As somebody of mostly British Isle descent (Irish, English and Welsh/Newfie) (if we are going to get super technical I am also a little bit Eastern European…but, back to my Anglo-Celtic roots) the sun and I don’t always get along so well.  I love the idea of a summer tan, I really do, but getting their naturally is no bueno.  Today I am sharing with you a few products that I use to help me get there safely, sun burn free.

Coppertone Clearly Sheer Sunscreen Spray, SPF 30*

Before we can even talk about me getting a nice golden glow, we need to make sure that my skin stays as far away from the tomato category as possible.  With this nice weather, I have enjoyed walking for 15 minutes every morning to the GO Train, and of course another walk during lunch.  Without even realizing it I spend about 45 minutes outside every day.  In the morning before I leave my house I apply some sunscreen to protect my skin.  I use to shy away from doing this because, I mean, who wants to show up at work spelling like sun screen? That has changed since I started using this product.  It has a mild, sweet, possibly coconut scent to it that is in no way overpowering, overwhelming, or sunscreen smelling.  It dries down and absorbs quickly onto the skin with a matte finish.  Best of all, it feels so lightweight that I forget I’m even wearing it! Since it is an aerosol can, rather than a lotion, there is no mess in applying.  I’ve actually been keeping this in my purse lately for on-the-go applications and touch ups!

This product is available at drugstores and mass retailers with a suggested price of $9.99

St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion in “Medium”*

This is really my first time using a self-tanner.  The mousse-with-glove format always seemed destined to fail (for me, at least) and I was always worried with a spray that I would miss a spot.  Over the last few weeks I have been testing out this product in the shower, and I can unequivocally say that it is goof-proof.  It is so easy to use! Once your hair is washed and your skin washed and exfoliated just turn the shower off and apply a thin coat of this all over your body.  Start a timer, or put on your favourite song, and wait for three minutes (of course, make sure you rinse the palm of your hand before waiting!).  Once the time is up just rinse off, and go about your day.  No staining sheets, and no streaks!  Using this had deepened my skin tone a few shades while maintaining a natural look.  I am currently a pretty shade of golden and I love it!  I use this roughly once a week to give my skin just a hint of summer, but you could of course use this more often if you would like.  This is so easy to use, I just can’t say enough good things about it.

This product costs $35 and is available at The Bay, Shoppers Drug Mart, London Drugs, Uniprix and Nordstorm.  

Too Faced Royal Oil Coconut Body Bronzer*

The literal icing on the cake.  This bronze shimmery oil smells like coconut and gives skin a warm, sexy glow.  It applies a little dark, but with enough massaging into the skin I am able to get it to work for me.  I apply this before heading to the beach or the pool and then spend some time soaking up the subtle shimmer it gives my arms and legs.  The best part of this?  Once I hop in the water, and then hop back out, the oil is still on my skin and I am still all shimmery and pretty.  I don’t know if I would go so far as to call it officially “waterproof” but it is definitely “jump in the pool and back out” proof!  This is such a fun product and Is perfect for summer!

This product retails for $48 and can be purchased on TooFaced’s website, or at Sephora.

So there you have it… summer tans don’t naturally come easy for me (unless they begin as a burn) but these products help me safely and effectively achieve a beautiful summer glow!


What products are you loving to get you glowing this summer?


Remember, sun safety is #1!

These three products were provided for my review, but of course all opinions are my own!  Literally typing this with the Coppertone sunscreen beside me.

Hi friends!  I have some very exciting news to share with you.  In July 2016 I am officially launching a YouTube channel.  You can visit my channel and follow me by clicking here.  I will share many of my videos on my blog, and look forward to maintaining my blog while also exploring YouTube.  When I hit 500 subscribers I will be having a small giveaway, and when I hit 1000 subscribers I will be BIG giveaway.  I can't wait to explore this new medium with you and I hope you will join me along the way.  xoxoxo Alanna

No comments:

Post a Comment