My Demeter Custom Blending Trio*

Sunday 11 September 2016

in
Demeter Custom Blending Trio review sunshine salt air clean skin

Recently I was sent a Custom Blending Trio from Demeter through the Canadian Beauty Bloggers Network (I am a part of their network, they are such a generous, funny and engaging group to be a part of.  Go check them out, and join if you are a Canadian Beauty Blogger-- you won't regret it!). I have reviewed other blending sets and fragrances from them in the past, however this set was truly unique because I had the opportunity to select each fragrance included in my kit.  Keep reading to see what custom scent I blended!

Demeter Custom Blending Trio review sunshine salt air clean skin

I was sent Salt Air, Sunshine, Clean Skin and an empty bottle.  While it is now Fall, when I selected these scents I was in a total beachy frame of mind, enjoying days by the pool and warm summer nights.  Now I curse every day that I think I can dare come home after 6 pm without a cardigan to keep me warm.

While I could describe each scent on its own, the names really do say it all.  The smell you imagine? Yup.  That's it.  Sunshine is described as "Cotton warmed by the sun" with hints of citrus, fresh air, and sunny flowers.  Salt Air has everything salty, fresh, oceanic, and zen like that you can imagine, and Clean Skin smells like you, or somebody you love, showered with mild soap and then got out of the shower and rolled in a freshly laundered duvet. Heaven. 

Demeter Custom Blending Trio review sunshine salt air clean skin

Using the little droppers divided I began to mix various combinations of each scent, until I was happy with the final smell.  I knew I wanted Sunshine to be the star of my mix, but the rest was up to luck and chance!

Demeter Custom Blending Trio review sunshine salt air clean skin

Finally I decided upon a mix that was one half Sunshine, a quarter Salt Air and a quarter Clean Skin. Once I settled on that combo I continued to add to my empty bottle one dropper at a time.

Demeter Custom Blending Trio review sunshine salt air clean skin

Demeter also included a little pack of craft supplies to really customize my bottle.  Before going at it with the rhinestones I had to decide upon a name. 

Demeter Custom Blending Trio review sunshine salt air clean skin

Between looking at the supplies included, and thinking about what my scent brought to mind I decided to call it "Beach Kisses".  Something about a blend of Sunshine, Salt Air and Clean Skin... It reminded my of walking on the white sandy beaches in Cuba with my boyfriend last Christmas.

I really enjoyed not only customizing my scent, but also my bottle!  This set would make for the perfect Christmas gift (I can't believe it is so soon!) for the creative, beauty loving ladies (both the young and young at heart!) in your life.

What scents from the Demeter Fragrance Library would you put in your custom blending set? Rain, Peony, Moonbeam, and Pixie Dust all sound beautiful to me!

This set retails for $45 and can be purchased on Demeter's website. You can select fragrances based on each season's catalog.  

Don't forget to check out the rest of the CBB reviews on their custom sets!
*Products were provided for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment